Monday, September 5, 2011

Maiden voyage!

I had my first trials yesterday and today.  Generally, they were successful.  I had a few bugs to work out with the steering cords and chain tension, but I was on the water doing nice laps after a few false starts.  A priority will be grinding the prop to add the lift from a proper profile.  Also, I may adjust the pitch as I was spinning out on the pedals before getting to max effort.  A future priority will be sealing off a greater portion of the stern hull.  You will see the stern sits low due to water that enters a fairly large drive leg stern partition through the drive leg opening.  This will be an easy modification once I take the time to work on it.  It's been a long day, so I apologize for a lack of a storyline on the trials.  This will have to be a photo post for now.






No comments:

Post a Comment